Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stage 2 Maths

Let us not forget, as I did the other day, that level 2 of the New Zealand Curriculum does not equate to stage 2 in the Numeracy Project (NUMP).

I collected a series of 'Figure it Out' books for a maths taskboard activity the other day and the lovely, kind maths adviser smiled sweetly at me and informed me that the levels marked on the bottom were in fact NZ curriculum levels and not NUMP levels. 

Here's a breakdown, so I don't forget again.

NUMP level
New Zealand Curriculum level
1
1
2
1
3
1
4
1
5
2
6
2/3?
 

Additonally I've put together the Level 2 (NZC) problems on a helpful pdf. Here's an example:


The Problem
Mary had a $5 note. She exchanged it with her brother Sam for some coins.
Could shehave exchanged it for 6 coins?
What is the largest number of coins that Sam could have given Mary?
Word problems resource level 2 A5 size (198.2 KB, pdf) 


No comments:

Post a Comment