Thursday, October 24, 2013

Writing a lie

Came into class today. The class had begun a story plan for 'telling a lie'. It was my job to kickstart the writing session again.

I told them as story about how I went to visit my brother in Auckland. The journey was rotten and weather bad. When I arrived my brother mae me coffee and said friend Justin was coming over. When Justin arrived it turned out to be Justin Beiber!!! Imagine my surprise!

Obviously, I embellished the story somewhat and shared my story plan with them (See the image above).
Their task: To write a story about something ordinary that happened in the school holidays but then inject a lie that will grab the audience's attention. They chose from the list below:

A famous person visits.
A natural disaster, earthquake, flood.
A terrible storm/ tornado/ hurricane which leave you the hero.
Save someone from an accident.
Foil thieves either accidentally, or deliberately.

The plan took the whole lesson to complete, and next week I will return to see how the actually story writing went.

No comments:

Post a Comment