Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Composition - Street Accident


 While I was looking through my resource cupboard over the holidays I came across a book from 1973 entitled " English for the Primary School" it was written by a W.P. Cleland and filled with short comprehension and grammar activities. Although I'm not a huge fan of delivering these sorts of things to the whole class; I like to differentiate my reading and writing tasks; but I can see a use or two for some of these as part of a Reading/Writing taskboard.

Street Accident

 

These pictures show how an accident happened at the corner of a street. Look at the pictures carefully and then at the unfinished sentences below. When you have thought of the best way to complete the sentences , write them in your Reading Scrapbook.

  1. One day some boxes fell from a truck as ________________________. 
  2. One of the __________ across the street and ________________. 
  3. The truck driver__________________ quickly when _________________. 
  4. The cyclist was not ______________ but _____________________.  
  5. The driver and the cyclist waited until __________________. 
  6. One of the policemen _____________________ while the other ________________.


Composition - Street Accident (pdf, 75KB)

No comments:

Post a Comment