Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Further Resources for the Reading taskboard

I have just created my Pinterest account and as soon I work it out a little more I'll place the link somewhere on my blog.

In the meantime I've been looking around for further resources to support my literacy taskboard  programme.

Senior Reading

Paper chain connections

Cut the strips apart and fill out the top strip with the title, author, and your name. As you are reading and make a connection, decide whether your connection is to something you have experienced, to another book or author, or to something happening in the world. Briefly explain the connection on the paper strip, circle the type, and include the page number.

Charater Read and Roll

Start with a basic stick figure of your character. Write the book title, name of the character, and your name below the character. As you add each of the following to your drawing, be sure to include important details that give us information about your character. 
 

Other Resources from Laura Candler's Teacher Resources

Below is the link to the section of the Teacher Resource website I found the above resources I am hoping to use. There are many more that may help you. Laura opens her site by saying " Enjoy this collection of engaging literacy printables that help make teaching reading easy!"

Literacy station

Belinda Kinney is a 2nd grade teacher in Plano, Texas. Her series  of literacy activities are ideally suited to Y3-6. She covers a variety of topics from word level, sentence and grammar to text level and promoting higher order thinking and independent learning.
Resource Created by Belinda Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment